• "South Landing Development Subdivision Approved"
Press Release, April 13, 2015
• "'South Landing' shopping center to open next year in Mobile; 105 acres donated to Thai Meditation Association"
AL.com, November 30, 2014
• "Developers sell Altamira Village shopping center in Port Orange"
Daytona Beach News-Journal, July 29, 2014
• "The Kleban Machine: Building a Future for Fairfield"
Fairfield Living Magazine, January/February 2014
• "Kleban Properties to Partner with Regency Centers in Fairfield, CT Portfolio;
Focus on continued expansion of Fairfield properties"
Fairfield Living, December 5, 2013
• "Fairfield University announces new business incubator collaboration with the Town of Fairfield and Kleban Properties"
Press Release, July 16, 2013
• "Kimco acquires Wilton Executive Campus for $42 million"
Connecticut Post, March 8, 2013
• "Washington Trust Provides $2.3 Million in CRE Financing"
Press Release, December 3, 2012
Washington Trust's Commercial Real Estate Group recently provided $2,345,000 in commercial mortgage financing to Kleban Newington, LLC for the purchase of a 10,478 square foot retail plaza which includes two restaurants, located at 3260 Berlin Turnpike in Newington, Connecticut.
The sponsor, Kleban Properties, is a family-owned value added real estate developer that owns and operates professional and retail properties in town centers across the state of Connecticut and in several locations on the East Coast. The fourth generation family-owned business owns and operates nearly 1 million square feet of commercial space and has the largest taxable holdings in Fairfield, Connecticut.
"This property is well located with excellent frontage on a highly-trafficked retail corridor," said Joseph J. MarcAurele, Washington Trust Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer. "We are pleased to provide financing to Kleban Newington."
Washington Trust's Commercial Real Estate Group provides commercial real estate mortgages for the construction, refinancing, or purchasing of investment real estate projects. Financing ranges in size from several hundred thousand dollars up to multi-million dollar projects. For more information, contact Bethany Lyons, Vice President, Commercial Real Estate Group, 401-348-1538 or 1-800-475-2265 ext. 1538.
• "Berlin Turnpike Property In Newington Sells For $3.35 Million"
Courant.com, November 23, 2012
• Clearview Holding LLC, Fairfield - See what we are working on!
Building Transformation video, October 2012
• "Kimco acquires Wilton Campus Shops"
Stamford Advocate, August 9, 2012
• "Kleban Properties sells Wilton Shopping Center"
Minuteman News Center, August 8, 2012
• "Kimco Acquires Wilton Campus Shops in Fairfield County"
New York Times, August 7, 2012
• "2011 grand list up less than 1%; Klebans pass GE as top taxpayer in Fairfield"
Fairfield Citizen, February 4, 2012
• "Fairfield's business visionaries"
Fairfield County Life, December, 2011
• "New chapter: Fairfield U. plans bookstore at Borders site by fall"
Fairfield Citizen, July 12, 2011
• VIDEO: "Fairfield University announces Fairfield University Bookstore"
Press Conference, July 6, 2011
• "Business Unusual"
Fairfield Magazine, November/December 2010
• "Swim classes dive into shopping center"
Connecticut Post, October 20, 2010
• "Vino's owners reel in shoppers"
Connecticut Post, October 13, 2010
• "Building bricks"
Fairfield County Business Journal, September 10, 2010
• FREE CONCERT & CAR SHOW: American Classics
Saturday, September 11
• "Brick Walk marks 1st year"
Connecticut Post, August 18, 2010
• FREE CONCERT: Jazz & Gelato
Celebrating the 1st Anniversary of the opening of the Brick Walk Promenade Shops,
Saturday, August 14
• View Photos from the CLASSIC CAR SHOW
at the Brick Walk Promenade
Saturday July 10, 2010
• "Classic Music and Classic Cars"
Fairfield Patch, July 12, 2010
• In the Suburbs / "Fairfield after dark"
Fairfield Citizen, May 21, 2010
• "The Brick Walk: 'The best space in town"
Fairfield Sun, April 15, 2010
• "Power lines jolt Fairfield's Grand List"
Connecticut Post, February 1, 2010
• "Al Kleban: A force for business growth in Fairfield"
Fairfield Minuteman, January 8, 2010
• Turnpike Properties Receives 2009 Best of Fairfield Award
Turnpike Properties has been selected for the 2009 Best of Fairfield Award in the Real Estate Management category by the US Commerce Association.
Each year, the US Commerce Association (USCA) identifies companies that we believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category. These are local companies that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and community. Read Press Release
• "Keeping It Real: A national trend takes root locally"
Fairfield Magazine, March/April 2009
• What the industry is saying... 12/15/2008
Dear Mr. Kleban, Mr. Franzen, and Mr. Woitowitz,
Thank you so much for the private tour of 1189 Post Road. I really appreciate your taking the time to do this and I will be sure to tell my colleagues on Fairfielders PLAN and the Clean Energy Task Force about this fantastic project.
There are so many things I appreciate about 1189 Post Road: the underground parking, the progressive storm water management, the arcade and other pedestrian friendly features, the ADA compliant apartments, the environmental building materials and energy efficient lighting, the exciting new restaurants and retail stores, the plentiful landscaping, and of course, the stunning architecture that really compliments our downtown.
As a proponent of New Urbanism, I am thrilled that you created housing above retail in our downtown. I believe that many people will be attracted to in-town living where they can walk to everything. I would love to give up my 1950s cape on a street that lacks continuous sidewalks and move into your building...if only I could convince my husband!
I hope this is just your first of many more mixed-use LEED projects in Fairfield! Thank you again for the wonderful tour and for making Fairfield more beautiful, eco-friendly and walkable.
Alyssa Israel, MPH, CHES
Public Health Consulting
• "Improved Brick Walk on solid footing"
Connecticut Post, 11/29/2008
• Kleban Properties is proud of its commitment to environmentally responsible development. We continue to reduce the "carbon footprint" at our existing properties as well as our new developments.
At the Brick Walk complex in Fairfield, we capture the ground water from the foundation pumps of the new buildings as well as from roof drains for use in irrigating the extensive plantings throughout the complex. 100% of site runoff is retained on site and does not flow into the public storm water system.
We also make use of solar powered parking lot lighting, mandatory recycling, and USGBC construction guidelines.